My mission

To jog-bicycle around the world, climb the mountains, swim the seas and soar the skies. Since they are not remotely possible, I settled for a daily dose of spiritual triathlon -- jogging, cycling and meditation -- necessarily in that order. My idea of a spiritual triathlon is 10 miles of jogging and 10 miles of cycling followed by an hour of meditation. I sincerely feel that not less than a spiritual marathon can tame the mind and mould it the way you want it to. So go ahead and have fun taking a dekko at my spiritual athleticism. But don't forget to drop in a word or two on how you feel about my blog and my way of life. Your advice is always valuable to go that extra length to the Garden of Eden

Food for cycling thought

A Zen Teacher saw five of his students return from the market, riding their bicycles. When they had dismounted, the teacher asked the students, "Why are you riding your bicycles?" The first student replied, "The bicycle is carrying this sack of potatoes. I am glad that I do not have to carry them on my back!" The teacher praised the student, saying, "You are a smart boy. When you grow old, you will not walk hunched over, as I do." The second student replied, "I love to watch the trees and fields pass by as I roll down the path." The teacher commended the student, "Your eyes are open and you see the world." The third student replied, "When I ride my bicycle, I am content to chant, nam myoho renge kyo." The teacher gave praise to the third student, "Your mind will roll with the ease of a newly trued wheel." The fourth student answered, "Riding my bicycle, I live in harmony with all beings." The teacher was pleased and said, "You are riding on the golden path of non-harming." The fifth student replied, "I ride my bicycle to ride my bicycle." The teacher went and sat at the feet of the fifth student, and said, "I am your disciple."

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fresh breath energy

One day Lupo is walking home when he notices a huge gorilla standing on the roof of his house. Not knowing what to do about it he looks in the phonebook under Gorilla Removals. Then he calls up George's Get Lost Gorilla Service and explains the situation.
Ten minutes later George arrives with a banana, a bulldog, a butterfly net, a ladder and a loaded gun.
“Okay,” says George, “it is quite a simple thing. I am gonna throw the banana at the gorilla, and while he is busy eating it, I am gonna climb up the ladder and push him off the roof. Then the bulldog is trained to grab him by the nuts, and when the gorilla holds himself in pain, you throw this butterfly net over him.”
“Great!” shouts Lupo, with enthusiasm. “But what about the gun?”
“Well,” explains George, “if I miss the gorilla and fall off the roof myself, you shoot the dog!”

Life is a lot more simple if only we have a little bit of awareness. People tend to put on serious faces when it is needed. And it is a pity that they don't know that it costs nothing to put on a smile. And that a smiling face ignites not only life in others but also in oneself. With that driving force one can take on the world with an unbounded joy 24x7.


I couldn't cycle much today as I was busy poring through the net for some clues on how to make my blog popular. I spent a whole evening on that and if any one of you have any ideas please feel free to tell me. I'll gladly lap up every idea with the greediness of a starved gorilla. However, I did some wonderful breathing exercise: deep diaphragmatic exercise which involves the rapid throwing out of the carbon dioxide through the nose. It should be as rapid as possible, so that a flush of oxygen takes its place. If you want to look at life from a godly perspective, everyone should do this exercise first thing in the morning. It is called dynamic meditation and devised by the controversial godman Bhagwan Rajneesh, popularly called Osho.
Photo: Dynamic meditation in progress

No comments: